Reality Engine Computer Games
-- 25th April 2015 --
Mostly an update test. Fixed some HTML syntax. Removed "Histoire and Figuires" from
and added back in the OSG Napoleon Games link. Still plugging away in the background at
a 3D interface for the Napoleonic battles software.
-- 27th May 2012 --
Fixed some typos and grammar errors on Battles page.
-- 14th February 2011 --
- Added most of needed links to battles to People page.
-- 13th February 2011 --
- Added most of needed links to battles to Timeline page.
- Added some additional entries to timeline while was at it.
-- 5th February 2011 --
- Added entry for battle of
- Many links and much editing to do, but that's the last major topic entry that needed filling out.
Currently in development:
- Improved UI - with intuitive 3D graphical display of information and orders giving.
- Front end GUI vs. backend resolution engine.
A shareware game called "Napoleon the Emperor" which covered the
battle of Waterloo. Registered versions added the battles of Ligny and Quartre
Bras. This game was first released in 1996. It achieved it's design goals of being
able to reproduce the historical battle with just a
few hours of play. Unfortunately, the weakness of its User Interface and the AI for subordinate
units detracted significantly from its playability.
Rather to my surprise I've found copies of this game are still available on
Web-Grognards. Payment and ordering information in
these downloads is outdated.
However, if you've played the Waterloo scenario and feel you'd like to have the Ligny and
Quartre Bra ones mail me by clicking here.
I'll e-mail you a free but generic copy. No warranty and the offer may not last.
Please contact webmaster if you spot any problems with or have any comments on the website
You can manually enter the e-mail address in your e-mail client as "webmaster", the number five, the "at" sign,
and then "napoleonsims.com". Sorry for the inconvenience, but spammers will scrape direct links.